American Flag

We help veterans understand long term care benefits available through VA. This can include information on veterans health care, state veterans homes and veterans disability income benefits. We place particular emphasis on Pension and Death Pension because these benefits are typically more useful for the elderly needing long term care. Pension is also known as the "aid and attendance benefit".

We provide information about the aid and attendance benefit including what it is, who can qualify and what information and documentation are necessary in order to file a claim. We do not participate in any way in the application process (unless an attorney representing his or her client in proceedings before VA). Individuals who are accredited veterans service organization representatives can also assist claimants with the filing of a claim. For all other instances, veteran households seeking help with filing a claim are directed to an appropriate veterans service organization or to a state or county veteran service representative or, where appropriate, they are encouraged to file a claim on their own.

Be Aware that planning for the receipt of Aid and Attendance benefits, if not pursued properly, can result in a disqualification for other important governmental benefit programs when you need them most. For example, improper gifting of assets within 5 years of application for Medicaid benefits for long-term care could disqualify the veteran for such benefits. Therefore, it is extremely important to seek assistance from someone who will not only address potential qualification for Aid and Attendance benefits, but also the avoidance of unnecessary penalties, court procedures, unnecessary probates, and the protection of your assets for yourself, your spouse, and your children.

The individual(s) on this site are private practitioners or in some cases representatives of veterans service organizations and are not connected with the Department of Veterans Affairs.


Using a Veterans Benefits Consultant

There are at least six situations where using a consultant, who understands the claims process for Pension, can be of great help or in some situations a necessity. We have described, with each situation in the article below, the reasons for needing a consultant as opposed to using books or trying to do it on your own.

When the family should
use a Veterans Benefits Consultant.

Contact Us
Phone: (206) 429-2156
Toll Free: (877) 684-0765
Auburn, WA 98001
Email: bbritt7@comcast.net
Radio Program: Answers for Elders w/ Britt Burkhart

Featured Image

Help You Pay for Care

This benefit can help you pay anyone including your child for home care. It can also be used to help you pay for professional care in the home, for assisted living, or for nursing home. Imagine having an extra $2,169 a month that you didn't even know existed. Request Help


We provide information about veterans' benefits including what they are and who can qualify. Only individuals who are accredited attorneys, accredited agents, or accredited service officers can be involved in the preparation, presentation, or prosecution of a claim. Continue Reading...